Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
In between emailing possible clients and creating a business model, I needed a little baking break. I’ve been staring at three wrinkled, black bananas in my kitchen for a little while now and I finally peeled them open. My original plan was to bake banana bread, but it turns out my bread pan was left behind in Florida. After foolishly considering putting shoes and heading to the store, I decided to see what I have in my apartment. Alas, I found a muffin tin! Muffins never let anyone down! I found a few recipes and added elements of each to create some chocolate chunk banana bread muffins with a surprise.
The recipe made 10 large muffins.
It can be made into a bread or mini loaves. Anything you’d like!
Things you will need:
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 10 strawberries (one for each muffin)
- 2 eggs
- Generous handful of dark chocolate chunks
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins or bread pan.
- Mash bananas together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 2 sugars and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients, including the eggs and mashed bananas, mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add a handful of chocolate chunks into the batter and mix to distribute evenly.
- Pour batter into the tins. Push one strawberry into each muffin without them touching the bottom.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Depending on muffin size. Keep checking with a toothpick.
Allow them to cool and enjoy!! They taste great with some almond milk on the side!